June 27, 2019. The 2019 Financial Innovation Program (PIF) was presented yesterday at Universidad Siglo 21 in the city of Córdoba. The presentation was especially targeted to students, graduates and professors of the undergraduate courses in Accounting and Business Management.
The university offered them the chance to exchange ideas with the BCRA and create online and traditional work teams for the development of a business project or program with the support of experts' advice.
Santiago Vieites, who works for the Financial Development Management office of the BCRA, discussed the objectives of, and participation requirements for, the 2019 PIF as well as the specifics of every stage of the program.
The Central Bank of Argentina (BCRA) and the National Securities Commission (CNV) call for creating digital tools and seeking solutions based on the following challenges:
• Businesses Other than Banks | Encourage the development of services offered by businesses other than banks through the use of technology.
• Mobile & Online Banking | Improve users’ experience in mobile and online banking through technology.
• Digital Validation | Use biometric identification to validate bank and capital market transactions.
• Financial Education | Apply technology to develop interactive contents in order to bring people close to the financial arena as well as banking and capital market issues.
• Regtech | Apply technology to comply with the regulations issued by the BCRA and the CNV.
• Market Infrastructure | Apply technology to achieve a more efficient financial system and/or capital market infrastructure.
To submit projects or ideas, you may use this form through July 29